I am currently offering SAT, ACT, and Subject tutoring to a maximum of 10 students online and locally in Central New Jersey. Students who work with me enjoy three key benefits:
- Personalized Study Plans: One of the biggest problems for students is knowing what to study, when to study, and how to study. Let me solve that for you! I craft weekly study plans designed to fit your schedule and structure your practice sessions so that you know your time is well spent. I do not funnel all of my students through a cookie-cutter curriculum regardless of their abilities or needs. Of course, you’ll need to follow through with the plan – if you don’t do the work, you won’t see the results.
- Daily Motivation: Maintaining the motivation and discipline to commit to a study plan can be challenging even in the best of circumstances, so it’s also my task to keep you accountable. I’m not going to assign you a study plan and disappear for a week – I’ll email you at least once between our meetings to check in on your progress and keep you motivated. We’ll also set clear “due dates” for your homework assignments to squash procrastination and set achievable goals. Don’t worry – I won’t be pestering you at all minutes of the day. But I won’t hesitate to get you back on track if you start to slack. And last but not least…
- Quality Instruction: And of course, let’s not forget what I do best: teach. I’ve been teaching the SAT, ACT, and academic subjects for more than 5 years – and I learn something new every day. In addition to getting on-demand access to all of this knowledge in the Members Area of Reason Prep, you’ll also meet with me for one-on-one tutoring sessions to give you targeted feedback and comprehensive instruction. If you prefer, I can also create custom videos for you to learn at your own pace. Or we can devise some combination of live tutoring & custom videos. Again, I don’t run through students through the same syllabus, so if you need to work on the basics or want to hone your skills to make the push to “perfection,” we’ll come up with a tutoring plan that fits your needs.
Here are some common questions I’m asked about my coaching program – feel free to contact me if you have any other questions!
I currently have THREE slots remaining – please contact me ASAP!
Can I see some testimonials?
Sure! Here’s a sample of feedback I’ve received from students, members, and parents.
How much does your tutoring cost?
All tutoring packages are billed a month in advance on a rolling, month-to-month schedule; you are not required to commit to a long-term contract. The monthly cost depends on two major factors: 1) how often we meet for one-on-one tutoring, and 2) whether we are meeting online or locally in Central NJ. When you contact me, we’ll talk about your needs, and I’ll provide you with a quote for the package of services you want. But here’s a typical package:
- Four (4) hours per month of one-on-one tutoring and/or four custom videos of up to 15 minutes each. Since I need to spend time preparing, filming, and producing the custom video, note that one hour of tutoring = one 15 minute custom video. Any additional hours or videos above the four per month will be billed at $100/hr or $60/video. Note that we don’t need to meet for an hour at a time – I’ve met with students anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours per session. We’ll figure out what works best for you!
- Weekly study plan. We will collaborate each week to create a plan for the next seven days. The process usually works like this: at the end of your tutoring session, we’ll set broad goals for the week ahead. We’ll then communicate by email and collaborate on a shared document to generate your study plan and keep track of the progress you’ve made so far. All shared documents and resources will be made available to students and parents/guardians. The plan we create could include completing practice sections, problems, and tests; watching videos from the Members Area; reading sections of prep books; and anything else that will help you reach your goals. This plan will always be dynamic – if we need to change it for any reason, we can do that!
- Periodic check-in by email. We’ll keep in touch by email through the week to make sure that everything’s going well and to keep you on track. I’ll also answer any quick questions you might have. (More in-depth questions would require a tutoring session or custom video).
- Platinum Membership to Reason Prep. Access to the Members Area will be yours FOREVER, even after we stop working together. (If you are already a Member, you’ll receive a credit of what you have already paid towards coaching.)
- Access to custom worksheets, practice tests, and practice problems that I reserve for my tutoring students.
Again, your price will depend on the time we spend together and your needs, but this is a good rough estimate. Fees can be prorated for partial months.
Why do you only work with 10 students at at time? Is there a waiting list?
In order for me to do the best job I can, I need to limit myself to a small pool of students. If you hire me, you know that I’m not dividing my time between dozens of students, so you’ll get the attention and care you deserve. When my rolls are filled, I will keep a waiting list, so please contact me ASAP.
What subjects do you teach?
I currently teach the following subjects:
- Old SAT – Math, Reading, Writing, Essay
- New SAT – Math, Reading & Writing, Essay
- ACT – English, Math, Reading, Science, Essay
- SAT Subject Tests – Math 1, Math 2, Chemistry, Literature
- Academic Subjects – Math (up to calculus), Chemistry (up to AP/Honors), Writing (all levels)
- For other subjects & standardized tests (e.g. the Praxis Series), please contact me.
How do we meet for tutoring?
In most cases, we’ll meet online through Skype or Google Hangouts. Not only will we interact by voice, but also I’ll be able to share my computer screen so that I can write on a “virtual blackboard” during the session. This audiovisual pairing will make our sessions feel like we’re in the same room.
If you are in Central New Jersey (near Piscataway), we may be able to meet face-to-face. However, due to my packed schedule, I may not be able to travel to your location, so let’s talk about your options if you’re local.
How does scheduling work?
I prefer to set up a regular schedule (once per week, once per month, or anything else), but I do have some flexibility week-to-week. We’ll work that out once we start working together.
I live in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC -4). I have worked with students all over the globe, so we can coordinate our time zones to ensure our meeting times work for both of us.
Given my busy schedule, I need to be strict with canceled tutoring sessions. If you cancel less than 24 hours before our session, a $30 fee will be charged. You won’t be charged for tutoring sessions canceled up to 24 hours before the session.
What’s your teaching style? Can I preview your videos?
If you’d like to see my teaching style, check out my free videos on this site or on Youtube. Many students have increased their scores just by using the video, textual, and practice resources offered in the Members Area of my site. Students who combine tutoring with my resources see the best results.
Contact Me With Questions, Comments, and Inquiries at